2009 GRIDIRON GUPPY OFFICIAL RULES & NOTES
1. This year, in order to reduce the amount of time spent by our elderly board members and also lower administrative costs and therefore increase prize money, we will no longer use email or fax. The only selections made via email is for Best Bets. You will now be required to register with our service www.officefootballpool.com and make your selections with them. They will have weekly standings and all selections posted on their website. Registration instructions are attached.
2. The only difference is that all selections must be made prior to kickoff of the first game played that week. It is your responsibility to know when the first game of the week is played. If there is a Thursday game and you forget to select on time, you will be charged with a non-mailing week. The advantage is you will now have until game time on Sunday in most weeks to make selections rather than Friday afternoon. The disadvantage is you now must be alert for games beginning earlier in the week and make selections or you will receive the worst record of the home, visitor, favorite or underdog for that week.
3. EXCEPTION-Due to the late release of 2009 rules and regulations, in Week One only, you will be allowed to register on www.officefootballpool.com up to game time of the first game played on Sunday September 13th. The price to pay is you will receive the visitor in the Thursday September 10th game and you will NOT be eligible for the Week One Weekly Prize. You WILL remain eligible for the Best Month-September Prize. If you entered the King Of The Hill contest, you may choose any game except the Thursday game.
4. BEST BET CONTEST (KOTH)- Selections each week for Best Bets can only be made the old fashioned way. You must email your Best Bet for the King of the Hill contest to email@example.com and as a backup to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Best Bet for the week if you are still alive must contain your nickname. NO MAILING OR FAXING OF BEST BET SELECTIONS !!! Emails can be sent anytime, but no later than kickoff of the first game played that week. Email deadlines will be strictly enforced. If you do not select your Best Bet by game time of the first game played that week, you get your selection in the Monday game as your King Of The Hill selection. It is your responsibility to make sure we receive your selections. NO PHONE CALLS!!!
5. If you don’t send in your selections, you receive the home, visitors, favorites or underdogs (whichever record is worse) for the week and you are ineligible for that week and that month’s prizes. SIX NON-SELECTING WEEKS AND YOU ARE INELIGIBLE FOR ALL FUTURE PRIZES (THREE NON-SELECTING WEEKS MAKE YOU INELIGIBLE FOR THE LAST PLACE PRIZE). THREE NON-SELECTING WEEKS MAKES YOU INELIGIBLE FOR A SUPER BOWL BOX.
6. Make sure that you indicate your point total for the Monday night game. This is used as a tiebreaker for Guppies with the best records of the week. You are predicting the total number of points for both teams. The closest to the actual total, among those with the best records, will be the winner. You can go over and still win!! If you omit the total points, you can only win if you have the best record for the week. No one will notify you if you omit the point total.
7. If you have sent us your email address, we will make every effort to notify you if you are in the running for weekly or monthly prizes. We will also post contenders on our website www.gridguppy.com. DO NOT CALL US!!!
8. BE SURE TO INDICATE YOUR BEST BET CLEARLY if you are in the King Of The Hill contest. If no game is selected, you get your selection in the Monday night game. A WIN keeps you alive in the contest. One loss in each contest and you are out! Do not continue to send in your Best Bets until King Of The Hill II begins in Week 7. You can select the same team each week.
9. Final prize structure will be determined when the final guppy count is in. There will be a bonus of $300 for Guppies with no losses in a 16 game week, $275 for no losses in a 15 game week, $250 for no losses in a 14 game week and $225 for no losses in a 13 game week.
10. The Super Bowl Grid will be posted later in the season.
11. All participants must have their checks mailed so the envelope is postmarked by Saturday September 12th and payable to Dennis Fingold.
12. Decisions of the Gridiron Guppy Board of Directors (Dennis Fingold, Barry Neuberger, Mike Eisenberg and Mike Pressman) are final.
13. OUR WEBSITE (http://www.gridguppy.com) SHOULD HAVE ALL BEST BETS POSTED ON SUNDAY. We will continue to post weekly notes on the website and answer any problems that come up. Our goal is to provide all Guppies with a simple method of making selections and at the same time increasing prize money without increasing fees. Since the season starts Thursday September 10th, there is little time to spread the word. However, the greater the number of applicants, the greater the prize money. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL DENNIS AT 516-931-5308.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL-MAY THE GODS OF FOOTBALL BE WITH YOU!!!!