|#1 MORTGAGE MAN||NYG|
|2ND PAGE DENNIS||SD|
|A SUPERIOR SWAMI||KC|
|ACE OF WAX||NE|
|BACK IN THE USA||NYG|
|BIG D 393||NE|
|BOO BOO NY||KC|
|BOYNTON BEACH DAD AND MOM||DNP|
|DR. DICK & SON||DEN|
|FIRST TEE MULLIGANS||KC|
|GRENADE OR LAND MINE||KC|
|I EAT SHAWARMA||KC|
|J SOON TO BE CHAMPS Z||NYG*|
|KING OF COVER||PITT|
|LEONIDAS’S 301 & 302||KC|
|LET’S GET WEIRD||BALT|
|MICKEY & THE DUKE||KC|
|MILT THE NICE||PITT|
|PAY THE VIG||NYG|
|PHIL AND JOBA||KC|
|PRIME TIME 4G||TB|
|RED DOG 44||KC|
|THE A TEAM 3||KC|
|THE CAPTAIN IN VEGAS||DEN|
|THE GRASS BOYS||DAL*|
|THE TRAGICALLY HIP ESQ.||DNP|
|VIDEO PIX & SON||MINN|
|WE ARE MARSHALL||NO|
WEEK 6 NOTES (2010)-Steve Pine Memorial Gridiron Guppy Contest
1) Best Week Winner–Adnakol (C. Cohen) (12 Wins) (37 Pts) Best Week Runnerup–Snapmare (M. Pietrangelo) (12 Wins) (44 Pts)
Rickyrude & Sportslife did not send in selections for Week 6 and get the Underdog 6-8 record. It is the 1st non-selecting week for both.
2) KOTH I is over! Guppy Jr. (T. Fingold) wins with his selection of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Prime Time 4G (E. Taub) selected the Indianapolis Colts. A deal was made prior to their Week 6 selections that they would play on with a 1260/800 split. If there are 2 or 3 remaining Guppies in a KOTH contest, Guppies are allowed to work out an arrangement.
3) KOTH Rule-If you forget to select a Best Bet, you get your Monday selection as your Best Bet. KOTH II begins in Week 7 and all selections must be RECEIVED by Noon Sunday October 24!
4) We will make every effort to post the Week 7 KOTH II selections by 1 PM Sunday October 24th. However, at 4 PM on Sunday Guppy Jr. is getting married and his father 2nd Page Dennis will also be there along with many other Guppies. Hopefully, there will not be any pre-wedding events preventing the posting. If there is, all KOTH II selections will be posted on Monday October 25th.
5) September prize checks were mailed on Tuesday October 12th.
6) Week 10 is the last week with bye weeks. After that it’s 16 games per week- to the end.
7) Week 8 is the final week for the October monthly prize and the Best Month contest ends after the Sunday night game of October 31st. There are NO tiebreakers for the monthly prize. The Best Week 8 contest ends with the Monday night game played on November 1st.
8 ) Total points tiebreaker on the Monday game are based on the number used, not half points. If you select 43.5 points, your selection counts as 43 points.
9) To be eligible for any weekly prize in a tie situation, you must select the Monday point total.
10) If you didn’t sign up for our College Bowl or Pro Playoff contests, you can still do so. The cost is $20 per contest and the deadline is Nov. 30. Mail checks to Dennis Fingold. You can’t sign up for KOTH II or KOTH III if you didn’t sign up prior to this season.
11) Non-selecting Weeks–If you have 3 non-selecting weeks, you can continue to participate in the Guppy contest but you become ineligible for a Super Bowl Grid box. If you have 6 non-selecting weeks, you are eliminated from the Guppy contest. Even if you have 6 non-selecting weeks, you can still participate in the Pro Playoff & College Bowl contests if you already paid. The following Guppies have missed at least one week of selecting and the week that was missed is noted: Titobaz (1), Sack Exchange (2), Wally Gator22 (2,3), Boybe (3), El Duderino (3), Spread’em (3), Tricon (3), Amorisito (4), Antunesn (4), Jchemtob (4), DanielTheManiel (5), Jschifrin (5), Rickyrude (6), Sportslife (6).
12) Guppy History thru Week 6:
1993–Firehawk 48-21 .696; 1994–TA 50-26 .658; 1995-R. Cohen 50-30 .625; 1996-The Swamis 51-30 .630; 1997-J. Feingold 53-26 .671; 1998-2nd Page Dennis, Convulsing Badger, Full House, JoMike, & Spread Eagle 47-31 .603; 1999-Spread Eagle 54-29.651; 2000–MTaub & Ronnie Cigars 56-26.683; 2001–M. Eisenberg & M. Sontarp 56-26 .693; 2002–Land of Uz, Big Poison, Mrs. Chaz & Trojan Horse 53-31 .635; 2003–Noonie 54-31 .635; 2004 Haircutinacan 55-30 .647; 2005–Bighead 55-31 .640; 2006–Mickey & The Duke 59-29 .667; 2007–Jon Klein Anthony 58-31 .652; 2008–BMKC 57-31 .648; 2009–Bigtoot & JBR2611 55-35 .611.
WEEK 5 NOTES (2010)-Steve Pine Memorial Gridiron Guppy Contest
1) Best Week Winner–Slimban1 (B. Jacobsohn) (11 Wins) (44 Pts)
Best Week Runner up (Tie)–Complevee (S. Levinson) & Eddieboy (A. Baker) (11 Wins) (42 Pts) Close But No Cigar-11 Wins-JJ Money (41 Pts), ESOL24 (40 Pts) & Fresh Marc (38 Pts)
Daniel The Maniel & JSchfrin did not send in selections in Week 5 and receive the visitors record (7-7)
2) There are only 2 alive-Prime Time 4G (E. Taub) & Guppy Jr. (T. Fingold) in KOTH I. There were 7 alive in KOTH I at this time last year. The remaining 2 have decided to play on in Week 6 with a 1260/800 split to the winner. KOTH II begins in Week 7 (206 participants for $2,060 per contest).
3) Longtime Guppy Jeff Holzer passed away this week after a courageous battle with that evil disease-cancer. Jeff loved to call the Board with suggestions on how to improve the Guppy contest and some of those suggestions were even implemented. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family especially his brother Rich who is a current Guppy (Jeff’s Brother).
4) When KOTH II begins in Week 7, if you are still alive in KOTH I, you may select a Best Bet for each contest and designate which contest you want that team or you can select the same team for both contests (KOTH I & II). If you forget to select a Best Bet, you get your Monday selection as your Best Bet. If you are alive in both contests and you forget to select a Best Bet, you get your Monday selection in both contests. If you do not select at all and the favorites/underdogs/home teams/visitors 7-7, you get the visitors.
4) Coming Week 8-Eligible participants in KOTH, Pro Playoff & College Bowl contests will be posted. If you think there is an error, notify Dennis.
6) There is a $300 bonus for NO losses in a 16 game week, a $250 bonus for NO losses in a 14 game week, a $225 bonus for NO losses in a 13 game week. $12 will be deducted from each of the Top 25 Prize Winners if in a 16 game week, $10 will be deducted from each of the Top 25 Prize Winners if in a14 game week and $9 will be deducted from each of the Top 25 Prize Winners if in a 13 game week to cover this cost.
8 ) If you didn’t sign up for our College Bowl or Pro Playoff contests, you can still do so. The cost is $20 per contest and the deadline is Nov. 30. Mail checks to DENNIS FINGOLD. You can’t sign up for KOTH II or KOTH III if you didn’t sign up prior to the season.
9) Our goal: Mail prior month prizes by the 10th of the next month.
The prize breakdown for the 2010 Guppy season is up on the site. We apologize for the delay but we were dealing with some payment issues with a few Guppies and were waiting to get a final count. The breakdown is posted as a permanant page and the link can be found at the top of the page. Any questions please email email@example.com
REVENUE (233 GUPPIES X $250) 58,250
LESS: EXPENSES (2,915)
LESS: SUPER BOWL GRID (233 X $5) (1,165)
LESS: BEST WEEK WINNERS (9,920)
LESS: BEST WEEK RUNNERUP WINNERS (4,775)
LESS: BEST MONTH WINNERS (4,050)
LESS: BEST MONTH RUNNERUP WINNERS (2,050)
LESS: TOP 25 & LAST (33,375)
WEBSITE & OFFICE POOL 865
BEST MONTH: BEST MONTH RUNNERUP:
SEPT 950 SEPT 450
OCT 1,050 OCT 550
NOV 1,000 NOV 500
DEC 1,050 DEC 550
BONUS-16 GAME WEEK-NO LOSSES-$300
BONUS-14 GAME WEEK-NO LOSSES-$250
BONUS-13 GAME WEEK-NO LOSSES-$225
16 GAMES-625 X 10 WEEKS=6,250
14 GAMES-530 X 5 WEEKS= 2,650
13 GAMES-510 X 2 WEEKS= 1,020
BEST WEEK RUNNERUP:
16 GAMES-325 X 10 WEEKS=3,250
14 GAMES-225 X 5 WEEKS= 1,125
13 GAMES-200 X 2 WEEKS= 400
1ST 5,300 14TH 825
2ND 4,000 15TH 800
3RD 3,000 16TH 725
4TH 2,300 17TH 700
5TH 1,700 18TH 675
6TH 1,500 19TH 650
7TH 1,375 20TH 625
8TH 1,250 21ST 600
9TH 1,125 22ND 575
10TH 1,025 23RD 550
11TH 975 24TH 525
12TH 925 25TH 500
13TH 900 LAST 250