WEEK 9 NOTES (2010)-Steve Pine Gridiron Guppy Memorial Contest
1) Best Week 9 Winner-11Wins-SRKPE (S. Karafiol) (49 Pts)
Best Week 9 Runnerup-11 Wins-Ace Of Wax (A. Chillemi) (37 Pts)
Amorisito, Antunesn & JJ Money did not send in selections for Week 9 and get the Home record of 5-8.
2) According to the rules and as stated in the Week 6 Notes, when selecting total points in the tiebreaker for the Monday night game, we do not use half points. For example, if you do use 39.5 points, we use 39 points as the point total.
3) Weeks 10-16 will have Thursday night games. Week 12 is Thanksgiving week and has special rules (see below) for making selections on time. The usual deadline for the Thursday game is 8 PM Eastern. You must make all selections by 8 PM Thursday but you can change any of the non-Thursday games by game time Sunday (Eastern) unless there is also a Saturday game also in which case you must make final selections by the Saturday game.
4) Thanksgiving Week-You must select the 3 scheduled games on Thursday November 25th by Noon (Eastern). If not, you get the three visiting teams as your selections for the Thursday games, you are ineligible for the weekly prize but remain eligible for the monthly prize (November) if you select the remaining 13 games by Sunday @ 1 PM (Eastern). Of course, if you don’t send in any selections by Sunday @ 1 PM, you get the worst record from the home, visitors, favorites or underdogs.
5) The deadline for selecting games is usually Sunday 1 PM Eastern. The deadline for making Best Bets in the KOTH contests is Noon Sunday Eastern. Selections must be RECEIVED by Noon Eastern for them to count.
6) If you forget to select the Thursday game and there is only one game played on Thursday but select the remaining games on time, you get the visitor in Thursday game, the remaining games count as selected, you are not eligible for the weekly prize but you remain eligible for the monthly prize.
8) Belated congrats to all Guppies who root for the San Francisco Giants-2010 World Champs!! Cheap thrill for New York Met Fans-The Phillies & Yankees were eliminated before making it to the World Series.
9) Week 10 is the last week with less than 16 games (14 games) and the first week with a Thursday night game. After that, it’s 16 games per week thru Week 17. Make sure that you select each game, choose a Monday point total every week and a KOTH Best Bet if alive. Don’t select a Best Bet if you are eliminated.
10) KOTH II Winners: NYG-13; Oak-5.
KOTH II Losers: NE-20; NYJ-8.
Regular Contest Winners: NO-191; NYG-184.
Regular Contest Losers: NYJ-175; NE-165.
11) Guppy Non-Selecting Weeks & the Week missed–Titobaz (1), Sack Exchange (2), Wally Gator22 (2,3), Boybe (3), El Duderino (3), Spread’em (3), Tricon (3), Amorisito (4,9), Antunesn (4,9), Jchemtob (4), DanielTheManiel (5), Jschifrin (5), Rickyrude (6), Sportslife (6), Aandjsdaddy (8), The Blumkins (8) & JJ Money (9).
3 non-selecting weeks and you are out of KOTH, Last Place Prize & Super Bowl Grid.
6 non-selecting weeks and you are out of the 2010 Gridiron Guppy contest.
12) REMEMBER-The Gods of Wagering save their wrath for those who count their money at the half!!!!!
13) October prize money was mailed on November 10th!!
14) If you didn’t sign up for our College Bowl or Pro Playoff contests, you can still do so. The cost is $20 per contest and the deadline is Nov. 30. Mail checks to Dennis.
15) Coming Week 14-Super Bowl Grid Pro-Forma!!!
16) Former Guppy Champs–1987–R. Slaten 97-68 .598; 1988–Jimbo Jim 128-62 .582; 1989-S. Goldstein 128-93 .579; 1990–H. Iodice 126-95 .570; 1991-N.Cervi 125-90 .581; 1992-S. Paston 127-91 .583; 1993-A.Yuttal 134-86 .609; 1994–NY 122-96 .560; 1995-The Captain 132-102 .564; 1996–RIG 134-104 .563; 1997–Levee’s Miracle 136-96 .586; 1998–Tennis Genius 139-94 .597; 1999–M&M’S 141-99 .588; 2000–M. Sontarp 142-96 .597; 2001–Mikey Gunz 136-101 .574; 2002–Big Hurt 49-96 .608; 2003–The Superior Swami 146-100 .593; 2004–Mutual Friends 148-97 .604; 2005–Red Dog 146-101 .591; 2006–Rio 150-106 .586; 2007–Krinchenzo 152-104 .594; 2008-Lou Slaby Fan Club 146-110 .570; 2009-JMU Dukes-GV 144-112 .563.